Tuesday, May 21, 2013

First Trial Live Video Soaping Session

About a month ago I announced the decision on my Facebook page to run a trial for the potential offering on live video style soaping session hosted by me.  I figured, there's no point talking about it over and over, just put it into action and see what happens, it's called trial and error!
Thanks to all 5 volunteered participants!  We did it using free Google Hangout, not without glitches but no major failure either.  Here are some photos from the session:

LeeAnn Atwood from Dairy-Aire Craft & Gifts

Louise Vargas from SoGa Soap & CupFakery

Deborah Jones from Peculiar People (UK) 

I pre-made a demo log before the session to show:

Then I made one during the session:

Thanks to this first trial I got to experience what it's like live on teleconference style soaping.  There's a lot to improve in terms of session sequencing and most importantly, the hosting media.  For sure 2nd or even 3rd trial is needed.  If you are interested in volunteering, have a look out at my Facebook page, I will announce it when I'm ready.

Don't you want to learn more about how to make multi-color layering (gradient) soap?  There are so much more I can offer.  Be on a look out in the very near future!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful soap and fantastic initiative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun idea Emily! The soaps all turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a fun idea and I bet that everyone involved had such a fun time. The soaps turned out terrific and I love all the bright colors that were used. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! how did you make the pearls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiny pearls are sugar pearl that you can buy from baking goods, they are the sugar pearl people use to decorate cupcake and cakes.

      Delete

ShareThis